Back by popular demand Auto Factoids.
– It was a merger of sorts between Commonwealth
Motors (making bodies for cab companies as ‘Mogul’) and Morris Markin’s Markin Autobody.
– The engine is a 4 cylinder Buda Model Q with 27 hp.
– 1935 Checker used the Y-8 engine (Lycoming engine) and the Y-6 engine ( a Continental six-cylinder).
– The last Checker autos were produced in 1982 with a 229-cubic-inch (3.8 liter) V-6 engine and automatic 3-speed transmission.
July 14 – VW debuts the Karmann Ghia in 1955
– 360,000 coupes and about 80,000 convertibles we made between 1955 and 1974.
– I will own one of these eventually.
Thanks for reading.