Welcome to the expanded version of #AutoFactoids!!! Checkout the milestones in automotive history, CNN (Car News Now) and don’t for get the Trivia.
July 12, 1922 – First Checker built – 60 years later the same day the last Checker was built.
– It was a merger of sorts between Commonwealth Motors (making bodies for cab companies as ‘Mogul’) and Morris Markin’s Markin Autobody.
– The engine is a 4 cylinder Buda Model Q with 27 hp.
– 1935 Checker used the Y-8 engine (Lycoming engine) and the Y-6 engine ( a Continental six-cylinder).
1922 Checker Cab
– The last Checker autos were produced in 1982 with a 229-cubic-inch (3.8 liter) V-6 engine and automatic 3-speed transmission.
July 14 – VW debuts the Karmann Ghia in 1955
– 360,000 coupes and about 80,000 convertibles we made between 1955 and 1974.
1958 Karmann Ghia
1600 Karmann Ghia
Car News Now (CNN)
Speaking of VW, the company announced that they are developing a new brand specifically for the China market.
Ford let us know that we will soon see the Ford Focus RS here in the U.S. – that 315 hp stuffed in that little car. It will sport a six-speed manual transmission and have all-wheel drive.
Restoration is becoming easier for your Porsche 911. Porsche Classic is now reproduction dashboards for 1969 – 1975 911s. Chase the link: www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/classic/
Auto Factoid Trivia*
What was the first model to where the name Maserati?
Thanks for reading.
*Trivia – Submit the correct answer via email, Facebook, Twitter or a comment to this post and you’ll be entered to win a monthly give away. It’s that easy!!
1981 Chicago Checker Cab Taxi A11 Green 1:18 Diecast
… Revell AG Onyx NZG NorScot Norev-FIAT Nacoral Muscle Machines Checker Cab For Sale – Compare Prices, Reviews and Buy at Nextag Checker Cab For Sale – 65 results like Checker Cab Nebulizer by Drive Medical, …
Karmann Ghia: Mehr als ein VW im Sonntagskleid
Und sorgte für eine Überraschung: Vor den Journalisten stand ein eleganter Zweitürer in “Gazellenbeige” mit rot lackierten Felgen und hellbrauner Innenausstattung: der Karmann Ghia. Ein Auto, das italienische Eleganz mit deutscher Technik verband.