So now I have the valve covers off and I’ve scraped the old permatex off the covers and the engine.
As you might expect the covers are a mess.
I used brake cleaner to get them clean..well at least cut the grease and grime..and a paint prep to get the ready for painting.
I had purchased paint from the corvette parts supplier, specifically for valve covers. As I state previously it gets pretty hot under there.
That took a good portion of the day. And here is the out come. errrrkkkk….don’t worry the when you see the paint grommets, I cleaned them up nicely.
So that was a pretty quick bit of work. While these were drying I cleaned up the engine a bit and remove any debris that was got in the valve area.
Tomorrow we’ll discuss just why I learned they used permatex at the factory and tell you why I didn’t. Sigh..and I’ll tell you about what that decision cost me!!!
Thanks for reading.