Auto Factoids for the Week of Jan. 15, 2016 – Ford, Caddy, Turbo Bus!
Here are your Auto Factoids (#AutoFactoids) for the week of January 15, 2016.
– A.J. Foyd’s birthday – born this day in 1935 in Houston, Texas
A legend’s Birthday
– Dodge Omni and Plymouth Horizon were debuted on this date in 1977. Who would have thought that one of them would sport the Shelby name plate?
4 Cylinder Turbo – AWESOME!!
– Cadillac shows off its first car at Madison Square Garden on this day back in 1903 – the Run-About.
– Corvette debut, at the NYC Motorama in 1953
From the 1953 Motorams – Corvette Display
– Ford Motor Co. begins offering public shares in 1956 – everyone loved the T-Bird!!!
Stocks and T-Birds offered!!!
– Chevy builds the last car back in 1942 just before WWII. They were one of the holdouts after the first Presidential request to stop production to support the war effort.
1942 Grill – No more Brightwork for a while!!
– GM produced the 1st Gas-Turbine vehicle was exhibited in 1954 in NY. It sported the GT-300 engine.
Thanks for reading.
Auto Factoid for Week of Nov. 30, 2014
Hope you all had a great Turkey Day!! Here is the line up of Auto Factoids for the first week in December!!! Nov 30 1960 De Soto ceases production. The last De Soto produced were really the Chrysler Windsor, most did not sale, even though dealerships continued to received cars after the …
Auto Factoids – Week of May 31, 2015 – Ford, Olds, Model T
Here are your Auto Factoids #AutoFactoids for the beginning of June, 2015. May 31, 1927 – Ford produced the last Model T. There is some debate as to actual date and it’s said that the 15th million Model T rolled off the production line on May 26th, 1927 and the Henry …
AUTO FACTOIDS & C.N.N for Week of 7/26/2015 – Studebaker to Viper
Kaiser-Fraser formed July 26, 1945 – The Kaiser-Frazer Corporation was the result of a partnership between automobile executive Joseph W. Frazer and business man Henry J. Kaiser. In 1947, the company acquired the automotive assets of Graham-Paige. Interesting enough, Kaiser had no automotive business experience. In 1953 the company became …
Auto Factoids and C.N.N for week of Sept 6th 2015 – TBird and Studebaker
Here is your #AutoFactoids and Car News Now for this first full week of September 2015. Auto Factoids Sept. 7, 1954 – Production of Ford Thunderbird begins 1955 T-Bird 2002 Thunderbird Sept. 8, 1903 Preston Tucker was born in Capac, MI. While dubbed “Tucker Torpedo” during production no ‘Torpedoes’ were produced. Beautiful …
Auto Factoids for the Week of 1/25/2015
Wow it’s the end of January already. Here are your Auto Factoids (#AutoFactoids) for the last week of January 2015. Jan 26th 1920 – Lincoln Motor Company formed. Lincoln Motor Company was actually started in 1917 and produced Liberty engines with Ford parts for World War I. After the war they began …
Auto Factoids for the Week of 2/22/2015 – Firebird, Thunderbird, AMX
Got a few huge debuts this week’s Auto Factoids (#AutoFactoids), so lets get started. Feb 23, 1954 – Ford shows off the Thunderbird for the first time. Although the Thunderbird wasn’t available until 1955 it was in design. Originally it was going to be called the Vega!! 1955 T-Bird Feb 23, 1967 – …