Let’s wrap up the window felt install on the 1973 Mustang (#ProjectSportsRoof).
Let me show you a bit of what we started with.
The white panel I’m working with in the videos is from this part of the door.
Here’s the next couple of steps.
So the stable were to large in diameter to fit through the existing holes and if you ever tried enlarging a hole this size, even slightly, you’ll break more than a couple of drill bits. So with the holes misaligned for the felt strip and the wrong size I opted to just drill the felt and the door panel.
Worth mentioning is that the upper door panel and original felt strip has more hole, requiring more stables than the number of stables included with the kit. Not using as many stable would allow the strip to sag and not give a good seal, so I made the extra stables out of finishing nails by cutting off them to size a bending them in to a ‘squared’ U shape.
Next up is the a look at the outside felt strip – that really isn’t felt – just rubber and how replacing helps with quarter mile times!!
Thanks for reading.